Dandenong Stadium will remain closed over the Queen’s Birthday long weekend despite the end of lockdown, with the Victorian Government maintaining restrictions for indoor sport until the next easing of restrictions.
This will mean that our Domestic Grand Finals will continue to be postponed with play unable to go ahead. We will continue to work towards a fitting conclusion to the 2021 Summer Season however along with a start to the Winter Domestic season for both juniors and seniors.
There is some ambiguity as to whether clubs and teams are allowed to resume training which Basketball Victoria are currently attempting to clarify. They are currently advising that all basketball activity will need to be postponed until Thursday June 17th at 11:59PM, but we will provide members with an update when Basketball Victoria updates that guidance to associations.
We’re hopeful that training will be allowed to resume in a COVID-Safe manner and will notify clubs should the current restrictions allow for it.
Hopefully a return to the game we love is just around the corner! For the latest Basketball Victoria Return To Sport updates click here.