In light of the recent COVID-19 restrictions announcement by the Victorian Government Dandenong Stadium will see reduced capacity until at least Friday June 4th.
This will mean that for upcoming Domestic Grand Finals, including this Saturday, non-participant spectators will be reduced to one (1) per participant to ensure we do not exceed the stadium’s maximum capacity.
This will also apply to Volleyball Victoria fixtures at Dandenong Stadium including Saturday’s State League Competition.
Presentations for Domestic Grand Finals will no longer be held separately upstairs in our function room and will instead need to occur on court with the team’s coaches. Participants and spectators will then need to vacate the court and stadium to ensure enough time for the next final to occur in a COVID-Safe manner.
In order to achieve this COVID-Safe outcome we ask our clubs, teams and patrons to follow the below guidelines during each day of fixtured competition:
- ALL patrons must check-in to the stadium utilizing the Services Victoria QR Code prior to entry.
- ALL non-participants (including coaches) aged 12+ must wear a mask at all times within the stadium.
- Spectators are limited to ONE (1) per participant.
- Players & referees do not have to wear masks when participating in games or training, but must wear a mask when they leave the court.
- After each game’s completion teams will need to collect their medals and vacate the court to ensure the next two teams can enter the playing area.
- We ask all teams to follow the guide arrows around the venue in a clockwise motion to prevent crossing over during your entry & exit.
- Please also practice social distancing wherever possible throughout the venue.
While these restrictions do come at a frustrating time, they will allow us to complete these fixtured games and ensure a COVID-Safe end to a fun Summer Domestic season.
To view a copy of the latest Dandenong Stadium COVID-Safe Plan please click here.
For more information or enquiries about these restrictions please call (03) 9794 7192 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.