Dandenong Basketball is excited to be welcoming everyone back to competition starting tonight, with a COVID-Safe return to basketball allowing the DBA Family to resume playing the game we love.
With this in mind Basketball Victoria (BV) have provided updated guidance today based on some overnight changes to the latest guidelines issued by the Victorian Government.
All indoor sports venues will now be restricted to 100 people per space, (different to the Orange-50 previously announced) which has required some adjustments to our return to sport guidelines.
To be able to stick with this 100 per space rule, it is important to note that at this stage there are NO spectators allowed for games, with players under 18 allowed ONE (1) parent/guardian/carer. ONE (1) carer is allowed for players over the age of 18 if required.
Parents/guardians will also be unable to spectate team practices and program sessions and will be required to drop players off at the venue for their session. Again, ONE (1) carer is allowed for players if required.
Please note the following guidelines to allow this COVID-Safe return to basketball period:
- Please do not arrive any more than 10 mins before your game or training time. Teams will not be able to enter stadium any earlier (this does not apply to VYC & NBL1 teams).
- GAMES: NO spectators allowed for games, players under 18 are allowed ONE (1) parent/guardian/carer. ONE (1) carer is allowed for players over the age of 18 if required.
- TRAINING/PROGRAMS: Parents/guardians will also be unable to spectate team practices and program sessions and will be required to drop players off at the venue for their session. Again, ONE (1) carer is allowed for players if required. We recommend teams all meet outside to move inside together and come out together after session to meet parents
- All patrons & participants will need to check in using the Services Victoria QR Code provided and show staff upon entry.
- Please ENTER and EXIT Dandenong Stadium following signage posted around the venue.
- Masks will be required for all patrons and participants aged 12+. Players, coaches and referees are exempt whilst on court participating, however masks must be worn at all other times.
- To prevent crossover, fixtures have been scheduled with a slight buffer between games, with all patrons & participants required to vacate the court and exit the stadium immediately once their game has concluded.
- All shared equipment will need to be properly santized prior to re-use inside Dandenong Stadium
VJBL, BigV and NBL1 fixtures are currently being updated by Basketball Victoria to fit these restrictions and teams will be notified accordingly. DBA are also updating all domestic fixtures to fit these new guidelines and will communicate these with clubs shortly.
Volleyball Victoria have also informed DBA that their scheduled Volleyball Schools Cup event will be postponed, freeing up a significant number of courts for additional training times should clubs & teams wish to further utilize our facility. For more information about Volleyball Victoria fixtures and programs visit: https://volleyballvictoria.org.au/
Hopefully over the next couple of weeks we will see an easing of these restrictions, in the meantime we are sure you share our excitement seeing everyone being able to return to basketball and play the game we love. This return to sport has happened a lot faster than the basketball community had expected so let’s work together to ensure a fun, COVID-Safe return to competition!
Stay tuned to dandenongbasketball.com.au for more information and updates as the easing of restrictions continue.